Want to be able to Pin pictures from your Android phone but can’t seem to find an app to do it? The Pinterest mobile website is great, but a little limited and trying to use the ‘Full Site’ doesn’t seem to work either. So here’s the ‘Pin it’ button that is available for PCs, only for your Android phone… Instructions for use are below.
1. From your android phone hold your finger on this code below until your Android browser shows you a menu.
2. From the menu choose the option marked “Select Text” and then use your finger to select the text in the box above and click the copy icon.
3. Then go to your bookmark menu (how you do this may vary depending on the browser you use). In Dolphin Browser you slide your finger from left to right to bring up the side menu or press menu.
4. Choose “Add Bookmark” – will look something like this :
5. In the ‘Name’ box call the bookmark something like ‘Pin it’
6. In the ‘Address’ box clear the box completely (this bit is important) then hold your finger down on the box until the menu appears and select ‘Paste’.
7. You should see the code appear in the ‘Address’ box.
8. Save the bookmark and now you’re ready to go!
How to use it:
1. All you do is go to the website page with the image you want to Pin – try this page for instance (if you’re posting from another site make sure you have the rights to pin the image!* See Pinterest’s Terms)
* We give you all the rights to Pin our Android / Pinterest image below so you can test it
2. Then, staying on that page, bring up your bookmarks list and select the ‘Pin It’ bookmark.
3. The code works exactly the same as on your PC and will bring up the Pinterest logo and a selection of images on the page – something like this:
4. Just pick the image you want to pin, select the board you want to add it to and add a comment.
This ‘Pin it’ Java script is copied directly from Pinterest. Unfortunately the code that allows you to drag the bookmark to your bookmark bar on your PC prevents you from copying the URL on your Android phone (yes, daft I know)! So all we’ve done is remove the extra ‘Drag it’ code so you can add it to your phone.
If you need any help – contact us!